Role: Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Contract: Permanent Staff
Location: London Victoria / Central Bristol
Salary: £45,000+ pa (Dependent on Experience)
Beckett Rankine are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated chartered/nearly chartered (within 12 months) Senior Engineer with approximately 3 years or more experience of heavy civil structures / infrastructure design (ideally with experience of maritime structures but not essential) to join our forward thinking and dynamic team of Engineers. The post is for a permanent position in our central London or Bristol office.
As a key member of our friendly close-knit team, you will be responsible for delivery of reports and designs. You will be expected to manage project teams and interface directly with clients. Our projects range in scale from planning large new international port developments to design of passenger piers on the Thames or the inspection of an aging maritime asset. Projects include port and harbour structures, infrastructure, flood defences, waterfront developments, jetties, quays, breakwaters and numerous other maritime infrastructure around UK and overseas.
As the UK’s leading specialist maritime civil engineering practice, Beckett Rankine regularly gets involved in projects which raise unusual design challenges; we therefore value innovative thinkers who respect, but are not constrained by, conventional design solutions. The successful candidate will have technical expertise and experience relevant to infrastructure design projects and personal attributes that will help us to develop our business, develop relationships with clients and deliver our projects effectively. Your role will be critical to the continuing growth of Beckett Rankine and you will be afforded the opportunity to develop and progress with the company.
You will need to be highly motivated, proactive and able to work in a diverse and friendly team. You will be expected to coach and mentor the less experienced team members to develop their design skills. The diversity and range of our projects requires a flexible and adaptable character who is willing to take on bespoke challenges, for this you will be rewarded with challenging and interesting project experience and opportunities to develop your career.
Role and responsibilities
- Undertaking and delivering projects and engineering designs at all stages in the project life cycle, from due diligence, masterplanning and concept design through to detailed design for construction whilst ensuring technical excellence and best practice.
- Use your analytical skills to develop and appraise options.
- Support and liaise with the Senior Management team.
- Collaborate with clients, other professionals, and local authorities.
- Providing guidance and support to less experienced engineers/technicians ensuring best practice, industry developments and standards are appropriately applied.
- Supervising and administering site work.
- Supporting tendering procedures and developing proposals.
- Embed sustainability/net zero carbon in our project work.
- Chartered Engineer (or approaching chartered status) with a high-quality Master’s in civil engineering or related subject
- Strong experience in structural / infrastructure design ideally with maritime experience
- Experience of managing projects, interface with client or managing junior staff
- Lateral thinker with a strong desire to innovate
- Well organised with the ability to multitask
- Highly motivated and organised
- Excellent communications skills, fluent written and spoken English
- £45,000 or greater PA.
- Flexible working hours & WFH.
- Cycle to Work / Rail Ticket Loan Scheme.
- Company pension.
- Modern air-conditioned offices.
- Social Committee and monthly activities
- Staff Summer BBQ
- Perkbox Reward Scheme
- Unlimited refreshments
- Free fruit and snack bar
- Separate social/lunch area (London)
- Access to private parkand tennis courts (London)
If you are interested in a career in maritime engineering and you possess the right attributes, then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com