Beckett Rankine are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Graduate to join our forward thinking and dynamic team of Engineers. The post is for a permanent position in our central London office in Victoria.
At Beckett Rankine you will work on a fascinating range of maritime projects both in the UK and overseas. You will gain a broad range of experience in the many different aspects of delivering maritime projects from options and feasibility studies through to detailed model and drawing production. We are looking for a versatile candidate who can adapt to our project specific requirements undertaking tasks that are likely to include
- Analysis of structures and the production of calculations.
- Production of sketches and drawings.
- General solving of engineering problems.
- Assist in guiding the practice on new technical initiatives.
- Ensure project work is carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Monitoring and checking of works on site.
- Assist in keeping up to date in relevant IT.
- Checking contractor designs and fabrication drawings.
- Applicants should have a passion for maritime civil engineering
- At least a 2:1 / Merit MEng in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations and Health & Safety regulations
- Knowledge of ISO procedures for quality and the environment.
- Be a team player with the ability or potential to manage others
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- IT skills and experience including MS Office, AutoCad, Tedds and structural analysis software.
The successful candidate will be enrolled on our graduate training scheme which is fully accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers and you will be encouraged and supported towards achieving the goal of becoming a professional Chartered Engineer. Our training scheme has an excellent success rate as a result of the type and variety of project experience we are able to provide combined with our mentoring system which is focused on your success